Autohybrid - dashed "hidden line" doesn't work

line-weight

Question

I want to show dashed hidden lines for hidden parts of objects below the cutting plane.

In autohybrid "2d appearance" control, "below cut plane" settings, under "pen" I tick "dashed hidden line" and choose a dashed line type from the dropdown list.

The hidden lines then become shown in top/plan view, but are drawn as solid lines, not dashed, regardless of which of the dashed line types I choose.

Am I doing something stupid?

(Thought this might be a 2017 thing but have checked and same happens in 2016)

12 answers to this question

As an aside, I don't see why the hidden line style should be from a dropdown of fixed options - should be able to set it by class, so that I can have it apply my global "hidden line" type that I have a class for. Like all the other linetypes one can choose within the autohybrid controls.

Edited by lineweight (née col37400)

But unfortunately it doesn't work when you want to show objects below the cutting plane as solid plus hidden objects below that as dashed hidden line. I've attached a file showing this bug.

(It would probably be better exemplified with lines that are farther apart, but I happen to be working on this object at the moment)

AutoHybrid-DHLv2017.png

AutoHybrid-DHLv2016.vwx

AutoHybrid-DHLv2017.vwx

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

This all works well but best used in the viewport. You have to have 3 classes set up with belo, section and above. Then in the auto hybrid OIP set them to use the classes and save it as the default.

will post a file example soon

autohybrid is great

That's exactly what I'm doing.

It's not the below/section/above linetypes that are the problem.

It's the hidden lines within the "below" part that don't work. All explained above.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Confirmed. Did this as two separate items though, one wishlist item for direct class control of the above or below cut plane dashed HL style without viewport, the other a bug on even when manually setting a dashed hidden line style that it does not work at all for geometry below the cut plane which I was able to verify here immediately.

VB-137219

• Like 1