Updating plant database

nealee

Hi all I have just upgraded to V 2017. In the 2016 version I had customised the plant database and this has not been migrated to the new version. Where do I find my old database to import this data to the 2017 version? Thanks in advance Neale

Edited by nealee
Incorrect title
  • Like 2

I'm having the same problem with all of the plant symbols (2d and 3d) that I created.  The 2d symbols vwx give you are too colorful so I had toned them all down, now I'm faced with the same chore.  I have been opening up old files just to import all the content I had created.

Edited by kufuffin
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep a master file with my customized plant symbols that converts to the new version of vwx. Kind of cludgy, but at least I know where everything is and I'll be able to find my plant symbols. They're updated to the  vwx plant database, too.

I'm not a huge fan of the Filemaker runtime / Vectorworks UI for the plant database. One workaround is adding a period after the plant name so I can have two versions of a plant in the database (one with my local data and another with vwx national data). Since we do a lot of sustainable / native plant design, we add a LOT of plants.

• Like 1