mapping a grid

Phil hunt

trying to create this effect with a single line to create a grided floor

can't seem to find a setting that allows the texture to have a space of say 1m

at the moment i create an actual surface 15mm wide create the grid and apply a surface.....in artlantis i can apply a texture and give it a size of say 8m x 15mm and give it a spacing of 1m

i can then apply another texture in the opposite direction to give me the grid effect

any help would be appreciated

artlantis.jpg

floor.jpg

mapped a black sq and it seems that you can control how many black sqs appear in this case 2 x 2 but there seems to be no way of creating a space between them....i can't believe, there is no feature to do this

an example would be a wallpaper for instance with a plain colour and a map of a sq to create a mosaic over this surface with a 2mm gap to appear as a grout line

i have looked high and low to see if there is a setting but can't find one

tiles.jpg

Take a look at the TILE type fill attribute. This should allow you to create a repeating pattern that will give you what you want. You can use Lines with very thick line weights or polygons with a fill. If you uncheck the Use Background Fill check box, you will get a transparent background so your object will be seen behind. 

You may end up with two objects, one for the "wallpaper" and another for the "Grout."

You apply the Tile through Attributes Palette in the Fill Type pulldown menu.