Roof Too Complicated??

Tom Klaber

Question

I have a pretty simple shape that I have been continually making simpler trying to get the roof to calculate.  I am now down to this:

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 5.04.24 PM.pngand it is STILL saying that it is too complicated.  What is going on?  I have tried removing the overhang.  Always too compicated... The video shows a very complex roof.  

11 answers to this question

I think it is mostly just a geometrical problem with a resulting overlapping geometry that makes it fail.

I assume it has to do with the broad upper part of the building that gives a very high ridge,

that can't flow down to the narrower parts.
You could try a lower roof angle (?)

Or try to draw ridges from wall halfs yourself to see if it is solvable (?)

We get this problem all the time too. Have been using roof faces which works really good, the only down side is on say a ground floor plan which shows the roof above dashed, the join between the two roof faces shows almost solid due to the dashes not lining up.

Another issue we get with the roof tool is even thou there may be one roof plane, it shows correctly in plan and 3D, however in elevation there are random lines which appear, almost like there are two planes joining.

Edited by Josh NZ

Hi,

I dont get the double lines, see attached. No matter how I push the roof around in the design layer the viewport is clear.
I use a solid line in the design lager because i use it for my roof plan  but for dotted over I just change the line type in the viewport.
HTH

Capture.JPG