Such a newbie question about record formats...

Here is the setup:

I'm working in a drawing with symbols that contains a record format called 'Furniture'. Since it's the only record format of the file, anytime i click on a symbol it shows me the details of that attached record format on it. But if I add another record format, let's say 'Vehicles', i will have to click on a symbol than click on the correspondent record format on the 'Object Info' panel to display it's data.

Actually when I use the Macintosh version, it doesn't happen this way. If i click on symbols with different record formats attached, it quickly shows the correspondent record format.

Ex.: I click on a chair, on 'Object Info' panel I can read the 'Furniture' data. Then I click on a car, the record format changes to 'Vehicles' automatically.

On my Mac it works like this, but on my PC version it doesn't. I've tried to look on the Vectorworks Preferences but there's no option to TURN IT ON. What's the deal?

Sorry about the grammar mistakes. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

A question of unexpected line behavior.....

I have 2 8mm circles with loki at center,

I draw a 1mm wide line loki to loki.

When I use the trim tool to remove the line of the circle that falls BETWEEN the parallel lines that run from loki to loki, the circle redraws itself!!! creating double layers of the circle lines.

What is this?? How can I avoid it?

when exporting to Auto CAD ( amnother issue, I know) and running line continuity there is MUCH to be cleaned up before drawing is laser cut. Its costing us $1,000's of dollars!!!!

HELP!?! Sorry I am placing this here, I couldnt find a place that addressed this issue.