DOWNLOAD CONTENT - RESOURCE MANAGER

Tom Klaber

Question

I am having trouble importing content that needs to be downloaded.  I searched Tree - found a symbol I want to use - noticed that it had the cloud download symbol by it - but it will not import into my project.  Am I being shown content from other modules that I do not have access too?  I have downloaded all libraries, but there seems to be additional libraries showing up in my search that will not import into my project. 

15 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Do the regular install of every library via Help > Download Content > Install All when you can, then if it still shows that way, let me know the name of the resource and it's parent file and I can have the content team take a look. There are a LOT of fixed for Resource Manager planned for SP1 but I want to confirm.

2 minutes ago, Rob Books said:

I was just able to download the one you have highlighted in the image, it is a package item, and not Service Select.  it also looks like you may have done a search to get all those trees in your window.  But even there I had no problem.  if you downloaded all the libraries, you should also run the refresh libraries command from inside the Resource Manager, that should make the cloud icon disappear.

Refresh libraries is in the little gear icon at the top of the Resource Manager.  If that does not work, maybe Jim can check your Serial Number if you PM him, don't put that info out here on the forum.

Yeah.  It was a search.  Refresh did not work.  I still can not import any of these cloud resources. 

8 minutes ago, Rob Books said:

I just checked the fingerprinting on those files, you would need Landmark or designer to access the Tree content.

Rob.

Should I file a bug on it not detecting the authorized modules and showing things that aren't available? Or is it supposed to be available but then inform the user they would need to get another module to use it?

I recommend the former.

If you are going to do the latter - you will need a search option to "Show Only Available Resources"  I do not know anybody who will want to be told to purchase designer if you want to use that tree....just do not show me the tree....and while we are on the subject - Architects should be able to use trees. :)

I am having a similar problem with the online subscription libraries displayed in the Resource Manager. I cannot right-click or download the individual files, just the resources within the files. Is this the way the subscription component of Resource Manager is supposed to work.

For my studio's Vectorworks setup, I have downloaded all of the VSS files and placed them in the Vectorworks Library folder, so they are available offline. Can I do the same via the Resource Manager? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, GNHelgerson said:

The resource manager is not displaying all the libraries installed.  They exist in the file explorer, but they are not displaying in the resource manager.  I have checked for updates and downloaded content.  Ideas?

Merging this to the existing troubleshooting thread on this topic.