Viewport Data Visualization

Has anyone had success creating a viewport with data visualizations based on a custom record format?  I can only get it to work with "Special Records" (Spaces, etc...).  

Also, is there a way to combine record field values to change attributes based on If/And statements?  I guess what I'm looking for is something similar to the custom selection feature.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments!  This seems like it has the potential to be a powerful tool!

-Chris

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is no If/And/Then/Or currently. It also works in place of viewport class overrides, you currently can't combine class overrides and data visualization within the same viewport. This was immediately pounced upon by the Techs here as well as a needed feature. I am fairly certain it is already in the plan and just didn't make the cut into DataViz Phase 1, but I will double check and submit a wish if not.

Hmm, weird, I just tried it again and I'm able to get it to work now.  Not sure what I was doing wrong last time but I'll try to troubleshoot and post if I find something that seems like a but.  Thanks for the feedback, and do please add to the wish list if it's not there already!

Edited by Chris Busch