2017 fixed bugs list?

MHBrown

I've been directed by my computer to upgrade to VW 2017, but I can't find a fixed "bug" list or changes from the previous version that would serve as a compelling reason to upgrade. For example, in my version of VW 2016 the data stamp does not update from the Info Palette. It has to be deleted and reinserted to work. If this hasn't been corrected I probably won't bother to update. Anyway, is there such a list somewhere of fixes?

Thanks,

MHBrown

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MHBrown said:

I've been directed by my computer to upgrade to VW 2017, but I can't find a fixed "bug" list or changes from the previous version that would serve as a compelling reason to upgrade. For example, in my version of VW 2016 the data stamp does not update from the Info Palette. It has to be deleted and reinserted to work. If this hasn't been corrected I probably won't bother to update. Anyway, is there such a list somewhere of fixes?

Thanks,

MHBrown

I agree that the data Stamp tool should update from the Obj Info palette; however, you can force an update (no pun intended, well maybe not) by clicking then re-clicking "Show Date". Personally I think there is much to take advantage in upgrading to VW 2017, Data Stamp behavior not withstanding. 

4 hours ago, MHBrown said:

For example, in my version of VW 2016 the data stamp does not update from the Info Palette. It has to be deleted and reinserted to work. If this hasn't been corrected I probably won't bother to update.

2 hours ago, RGyori said:

I agree that the data Stamp tool should update from the Obj Info palette; however, you can force an update (no pun intended, well maybe not) by clicking then re-clicking "Show Date". Personally I think there is much to take advantage in upgrading to VW 2017, Data Stamp behavior not withstanding. 

You can also force the Data Stamp to auto-update when Exporting a PDF if you select the option to "Reset all plug-in objects that require a reset prior to exporting". That will update the Data Stamp.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

Is 2017SP1 out already?

18 hours ago, Johan de Groot • LYVR said:

Yes it is, but drama over here

Vectorworks 2017 SP1 has not been released yet, no.

But also: no version of Vectorworks has been made compatible with macOS 10.12 yet.

i have the same but the distributor (design express) told me that they called it sp1
(why i dont know )en for me also it crashed when i want to render or export to cinema 4d but the distributor said that is because of mine graphics card is to weak.
strange because with sp0 i have no problems so i installed sp0 again

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
46 minutes ago, TBR said:

i have the same but the distributor (design express) told me that they called it sp1
(why i dont know )en for me also it crashed when i want to render or export to cinema 4d but the distributor said that is because of mine graphics card is to weak.
strange because with sp0 i have no problems so i installed sp0 again

4 hours ago, Johan de Groot • LYVR said:

2017 sp1 prerelease it says

Apologies, my fault. Apparently one of the localized distributor versions has an SP1 out that I was not aware of, but it is different than the main release version.