Instrument Light Object showing in Design Layer viewport (2016)

Mickey

OK Vectorworkians I have a real head scratcher and maybe I'm missing something really simple.

I have 2 files that a couple of people have been tag teaming in and out of.

There's a stage file, and another file that is referencing the stage file.

The stage file appears in the main drawing on a layer as a Design Layer viewport.

Until today all was fine.

Here's the issue. In the stage file everything looks as it should.

There's an Aura hybrid symbol, and there's these Tube fixtures I created for Martin Sceptrons which are 3D only. All of them are Lighting Fixtures

You can see in the image on the right it's looks normal, and this is from the native stage drawing

The Image on the left on the other hand is from the file that has the design layer viewport and you can see that the light objects are showing, but only for the fixtures that I created, and they are a 3D only symbol.

So I ask WTF?!?!?!?

I can't figure out to turn on the light objects in the stage drawing, and I surely can not figure out how to turn them off in the drawing with the reference.

Anyone got a clue how I can make those go away?

object not showing.jpgobject showing.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can find the same settings under Tools > Options > Vectorworks PReferences > Display > Display Light Objects. Shac's screenshot is just the QuickPrefs bar on the top right where the same setting can be accessed, I think this was a quickpref since 2015.

8 minutes ago, JimW said:

You can find the same settings under Tools > Options > Vectorworks PReferences > Display > Display Light Objects. Shac's screenshot is just the QuickPrefs bar on the top right where the same setting can be accessed, I think this was a quickpref since 2015.

Aww man.

Look at all those things over there.

And here I've been trying to find a way to switch between black and white background as a macro.

I'll see if this fixes the problem.