Andy Broomell

Railing/Fence Tool - eyedropper doesn't work

Question

I have multiple railings in a file (the new 2017 tool). I selected one and changed a bunch of Settings, assuming I could then use the Eyedropper Tool and pick up Plug-in Attributes from the one I changed and drop those changes on to my other railings. But it doesn't seem to work. This works with other Plug-In Objects such as Doors and Windows. Why doesn't it work for the Railing/Fence tool?

4 answers to this question

As long as "Plug-in Parameters" is enabled near the bottom middle it should be doing this, however upon testing here it looks like it isn't carrying over everything. Post types aren't but 2d/3d display is. It was marked as a bug fixed in the 2017 beta, but clearly not. Submitting as a new bug now.

VB-131225

Thanks Jim! In my case I happened to be working in 3D only, adjusting the sizes of components and their textures, none of which carried over with the eyedropper.

Edited by Andy Broomell

This is still unresolved in Vectorworks 2018 SP2. Any work being done on this? The ability to create/replace plug-instyles for railings would be amazing!