Lighting Object info U Address spotlight 2017

Shac

Now that LW6 is using universe = universe in LW. U Address=DMX in LW6.

I would like to see the U address in the object info of a lighting device.

I see the U address in the label legend and when i edit the lighting device and Im able to change the address but I don`t see it in the object info?

I like to set universe and address separately. I know I can set it up that it will show 2/114... but i dont like that. That is why i want my label legend to show universe separately from unit dmx address.

Screenshot 2016-09-27 14.31.47.png

Screenshot 2016-09-27 14.31.59.png

I called service Select and there is no option currently to add it to the OIP. So it looks like we will have to use the address to show uni/dmx (which I don't like)

I guess I will stick with VW16 due to bugs in 17 that are driving me crazy and I really don't have the time to take the risk with finding them as I plot. Sorry for the rant but I`m not a beta tester. I pushed the company I work for to continue the service Select for 8 seats. And now I`m telling my guys not to use VW 17 because We are  running into issues? Quote "so why did we upgrade"

I will stick with LW 5 just because it's all set up how I like it. Unless there is a way to show the u adreess in the OI and I will rebuild my legends to u adreess? Not having good vibe about 17. 

@JimW???? Sounds do like simple code??

Hi Jim - yes Im aware that you do not develop LW . My only request is to be able and adjust the U address  with in the OIP of vector works. the U address does show and is editable when I edit the unit so its strange why it will not show on the OIP?

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.52.05 AM.png

Edited by Shac

Thank you for sharing the link from LW6. 

Here is where it gets confusing (for me..)

please read the bold underline. 

"When you choose Manually assign the Dimmer and Universe, all three address fields are available for editing in the Object Info Palette and you can enter anything you want into them. Vectorworks does not validate or sync the content of these fields between each other. As a result, the contents of these fields may not agree with each other.  For instance, you can enter 2284 as the Address, 1 as the universe number, and 789 as the U Address, and Vectorworks will not alert you to the conflicts or try to correct them.

what I`m trying to ask (not complain) is why we don't see the U address in the OIP but we see it and can edit it when I edit the light? It will be extremely helpful to see the u Address in the OIP.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 8:37 PM, Shac said:

what I`m trying to ask (not complain) is why we don't see the U address in the OIP but we see it and can edit it when I edit the light? It will be extremely helpful to see the u Address in the OIP.  

Why

WHY

WWHHHHYYY

is the U Address not in the OIP.

This should be so easy, and we're so close to it being easy, but instead I'm beating my head against my desk AGAIN trying to get the addressing to work.

If we just had access to it in the OIP all would be well.

Actually I don't now if that would make it any better.

Unless it's different in 2017, but in Spotlight you can't auto number by U Address, but you can by Address.

So I have to do my addressing in LW.

(shakes fist in the air)

Edited by Mickey