Open GL rendering shows all wall edges

Allen Brown

I've got a model with a reference file inserted multiple times. When rendering with Open GL, all the wall edges in the referenced files are rendered even if hidden. Deselecting show edges makes no difference in the referenced files. Rendering the referenced file individually does not have this problem. I've attached images of each, any help? Thanks! 

Image with edges turn on.jpg

Image with edges turned off.jpg

Referenced File Image.jpg

I checked to make sure and Unified View is enabled but I toggled it anyway, no change. If you look closely at the images, only the wall edges are showing (there are other objects such as doors, windows, furniture) in the referenced file but the textures are also displayed on both the base model and referenced files. The odd thing is that model was displaying fine when changing views with no settings change until this occurred. BTW I'm using v2017 on an 2015 iMac. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help Jim!

Had a similar problem with DLVPs...

I laid a building in top/plan view over a plane with a texture on, and then did a sheet layer to show that.

When I double click on it to add annotations, it reverts to wireframe (top only, not top/plan) and then goes back to top/plan view on viewport annotations exit.

Seems to change it's display state when you go into it to edit the dims.

record-14_39.49[03_10.2016].mp4

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What version of Vectorworks are you using @Allen Brown? I am unable to replicate the problem in Vectorworks 2017. The visibilities of layers and viewports seems correctly set:

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 9.50.57 AM.png

One file came in in the current version but the other seemed to be an older file format. Is the reference updated in the main file with a newer version of the reference file on your end?

Jim, my mistake, I copied the wrong reference file but have replaced with the correct one. I had saved each file in 2016 and opened it with 2016 to see if that made a difference. I'm running Vectorworks 2017 on an 2015 iMac with 32GB in Sierra, which also might be the issue.. 

Edited by Allen Brown

Jim, I forgot one step: The issue occurred when exporting as an image or printing as a pdf. When I saved the view as a viewport on a sheet layer, and printed the sheet layer as a pdf, it looks fine. I've attached the successful pdf. It's still a glitch, especially since I successfully exported many images before the issue occurred, but I have workaround. Thanks for you help!

36th_&_Walker_Design_SE_AXON.pdf

Also worked when I exported the sheet layer as an image..

36th & Walker Design SE AXON.jpg

Edited by Allen Brown