Temporary Disable Irrigation Network Update

ericjhberg

Question

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Eric, 

well, this is a giant file.It's awesome to see you pushing the limits.

The XML property i told you about just removes the asynchronous calculations, which in this case is not useful.

I'll add a new property to turn off the auto-calculations (SP2 hopefully) until we find a solution of this. This way, it will not interfere with your work but you'll have to do manual recalculate when you need to see updated values.

Regards,

Vlado

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Eric,

You can disable the automated calculations and then you can use the menu command to recalculate.

However, i'm interested to see why is it cumbersome to you? Can you send me a test file, or at least a video of the problem? (vstanev@vectorworks.net) Thank you.

To disable the automated calculations, open this file:

\Libraries\Defaults\Irrigation\IrrigationSettings.xml

Edit it with a text editor, and put 'false' in the 'AsyncCalculation' tag (there is 'true' at the moment there). This file should be in your app folder.

Regards,

Vlado

• Like 1

Vlado, thanks for the reply!

The problem is happening in a very large file that we are trying to update to 2017 using the new irrigation tool. It takes approximately ten seconds to move something, add a sleeve to a lateral, reshape a drip outlet, or various other updates.

We tried the disable command you suggested and it still runs through the same updates and takes just as long?

I am trying to upload the file, but it is really large. In the meantime I was able to make a short screenshot video that shows the issues. No narration though.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDQucGj0MN

I hope this helps. Thanks for the response!

49 minutes ago, Vladislav Stanev said:

Hi Eric, 

well, this is a giant file.It's awesome to see you pushing the limits.

The XML property i told you about just removes the asynchronous calculations, which in this case is not useful.

I'll add a new property to turn off the auto-calculations (SP2 hopefully) until we find a solution of this. This way, it will not interfere with your work but you'll have to do manual recalculate when you need to see updated values.

Regards,

Vlado

A couple of other items for you to look at too (if you're not too busy :-)