SAVE AS PDF corrupts VW file!

I typically send out files to a local service bureau as PDF's which I create using OSX on my MAC. I did this about a week ago and was never able to open that file again! I had a back-up from the day before so I didn't lose much. Today I first made a duplicate before creating my PDF. Again, the file I used to create PDF's will not open and VW immediately crashes. (Both times it was the same project, same file in progress.)

Any ideas, this is just a bit unnerving to me as it is the only way I know how to print from Vectorworks.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

markf,

I know your engineer is looking at my damaged file but I would like to update you on my ongoing problem in case anyone else can help troubleshoot this. I continue to damage my files each time I save to PDF. One sheet printed (from the service bureau) with much of the text flipped (upside down & backwards). I could not see this on the VW file but I could view the crazy text on the PDF. I deleted all these items and re-entered them (often pasting in place from another layer), and I was able to monitor my success by going to file-print-preview. My confidence was up and I continued to add to the drawing to complete this project. This time VW crashed even though I hadn't attempted to create a PDF.

I am near to the end of this project and I am concerned I will not be able to complete. I wonder if by making a duplicate every day and continuing the drawing on the duplicate, am I damaging the file by not always working on the original. Is there a better strategy to back up my daily work? [Confused]

Just to kick in abit of sand, sent off a pdf to a print bureau (OCE platform) that had just bought ACROBAT 6, from OS 9.2.5/VW 9.5, and got the most magnificent output not via A'cad but ADOBE.. go figure. My plotter days have ended. And not only that, but learned while there that there is a way around the.shx problem by the A'cad operator setting the font to windows variety. A'cad now does line weight, so alas the answers are revealed. Bind the xref's, stay with system fonts, and don't map lineweights to colors, I think ...

Flipped text problem - In the Print dialog box - check mark 'Disable Driver Text Rotation'

As for the file coruption problems and crashes you have - what printers do you have setup in the print center?

Are any of these selected as the printer in the Print dialog when you create your PDF files?

• 3 weeks later...