Finding mystery named objects

I've asked about this before, but I thought I'd ask in a slightly different way.

I'm trying to rebuild a file I received from a major regional theatre with 3d positions, and have successfully renamed/removed all but one of the old lighting positions.  No matter what I do, I can't create a "Cat 2A" because somewhere, hidden in this file, is another object with that name.  Most likely I'm just missing something, is there a way to search for all named objects?  I've attached the file in case someone else can crack this.

thanks

Magic_Play_Plot.vwx

The culprit is Cat 1B.

All objects in VW have or can have names.  In 2016 and before you can look in the data tab of the OIP and there is a name field.  

The value in the field 'Light Position Object'.'Position Name' is 'Cat 1B'.   BUT… the name of that object is 'Cat 2A'

Change that name or delete that position and recreate it and you should be good to go.

hth

mk

Jim W

What happened to the name field in the OIP in 2017??!!?!!!?!!?!

That's good because they don't exist any more :-)

This is just a regular worksheet.  I think Editable Worksheets were a Spotlight only thing that got phased out years ago and replaced by the current worksheet.

I don't know why you are getting a different value for the name than I am.  Very puzzling.  

I'll send back the same drawing with the worksheet.  Tell the worksheet to recalculate (Worksheet-1 > File > Recalculate).  See if you get the same thing I do.

hth

mk

Magic_Play_Plot~.vwx

If this is an older file, Position Name and object name weren't as well coordinated.  Now, there should be a lot more intelligent triggers and error checks to keep the fields in sync.

You shouldn't need to change any any of the name fields -- just change the Position Name field, and the object will take filling in the name.  You may need to trigger the name change -- for example, rename "Cat 1B" to "Cat 1B1" and then back.  If you have a lot of mis-named objects, you may need to change several names "Cat 1B*," "Cat 1A*," etc. in order to free up names in the name list.

You could also have an object that's not a lighting position with a conflicting name.  You can set your worksheet to find any object with that name (With the database row option).  Specify the following for columns:

=L  for layer

=C  for class

=T for object type

That can help you locate a wayward object.  =N will give you name, but you can't edit this from the worksheet.

HTH,
Josh