Wishlist - Popular 'Questions' heading & promotion criteria

rDesign

Question

@JimW-This is probably from the boilerplate forum template, but since it is the 'Wishlist' board, it's strange that the Wishlist Header page of popular questions refers to 'Questions'. It should say 'Popular Wishlist Items from the Past Month'. 

I don't know what the 'Questions with no best answer' should say, but maybe it could be 'Popular Wishlist Items for All Time, since most Wishlist Items are more than one month old.

Additionally Wishlist items with a higher vote than others are not being promoted to the 'Popular from the Past Month': Is this because the Original Post was not created in the past month?

Screen_Shot_2016-09-23_at_10_58_23_AM.jpg

Edited by rDesign

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yeah those and the "Ask a Question" button I want changed so it's more obvious. The "Questions with no best answer" will PROBABLY become "Wishes that have not been submitted" but that might make people antsy about threads where it WAS submitted just from a different thread. Still giving it some thought, but I am also still gathering up little stragglers like this for the Forum Phase 2 changes, once we get another time slot from the web team so anything like this you notice, please do post it as I'm sure I've missed some.

A lot of this also has to do with my current way of tracking whether something has been submitted or not, as I made my own system but I want this same system to extend to the eventual other employees that I hope to have monitor this board and perform similar tasks to what I have been doing in a more official capacity.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Oh I don't know about that section, most likely if the user wanted to see more they would just click Sort By > Most Votes or Most Replies. I know there will be more than 8 or so wishes that lots of people want, so not everyone is going to be able to occupy the "Popular" space no matter what we do.

Eventually users will start coming across the wishlist items after searching how to do something that doesn't exist yet, which will get the non-regulars votes in over time.