Utility Cabinet tool bug report

Jeremiah Russell

Question

Select the Utility Cabinet tool, settings. Go through the normal motions and select "square" door style and set to "recessed". Place the object and move to 3D view. The doors overlap the edge of the cabinet model by the same dimension as the rail/stile dimension for the door. If you change to "slab" style doors, this overlap goes away and you have the correct looking cabinet, but with the wrong door style. This happens with single swing doors as well as bi-parting. Images attached.

Screen_Shot_2016-09-21_at_3_36.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016-09-21_at_3_36.49_PM.png

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Jeremiah,

I cannot reproduce this. Does this happen in a new file created in VW 2017?

Can you send me a file demonstrating this?

Thanks

This is yet another issue with 2016 files that are imported into 2017. Not to be rude, but these are basic functions and objects that architects rely on to do day to day work. I find it a little frustrating that either I will be unable to use 2017 on any current projects, or I will need to completely recreate the wheel and redraft all my office standards from scratch in 2017. That would require an unacceptable level of time to accomplish. I hope this is an issue that can be solved quickly with SP1.