VW2017 - Highlighting Issue

There seems to be some sort of selection/snap highlighting issue with Camera based SLVP in VW2017. I've been seeing it in files I've brought forward and I am able to duplicate it in a clean file built in VW2017. What I'm seeing is the dashed grey highlight lines are often offset from the geometry they are highlighting. In the attached file it occurs as per this image and also when you mouse over the hidden crop object. The offset seems to vary depending upon where the viewport is on the sheet. As far as I can tell it only happens with Camera based (or maybe perspective based) viewports.

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 1.06.47 PM.png

Highlighting Issue.vwx

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 9/22/2016 at 5:44 AM, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I looked into this and see that it is a known issue. A bug report has already been filed on this. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

8 months later and still no fix. :(

It's frustrating that, just this week Vw sent me an email announcing the increased cost of VSS subscriptions for Vw2018 upgrades, while we are still dealing with bugs like this that have yet to be fixed in Vw2017. Can anyone reliably use the 'Best' performance option?

I am going to be very disappointed if Vw2018 is released and we still have all of these widespread graphic refresh / ghosting / performance issues.

• 3 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
45 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

This highlighting issue remains in VW2018. Do I need to refile it as a bug?

Hi Kevin,

I believe this is a known issue. If you previously submitted a bug on this and it was not resolved, I suggest adding a comment to that bug stating the it's still an issue. Otherwise go ahead and submit a new report. This needs to be fixed.

Thanks!

-Matt

19 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

Hi Kevin,

I believe this is a known issue. If you previously submitted a bug on this and it was not resolved, I suggest adding a comment to that bug stating the it's still an issue. Otherwise go ahead and submit a new report. This needs to be fixed.

Thanks!

-Matt

Thanks Matt. I didn't submit it originally because you said it was a known issue (towards the top of the thread). I think I will submit it now. Its very specific - the sheet layer viewport needs to be in perspective, camera based and its only the foreground objects that have their highlighting offset - hidden line rendering, crops, things in annotations.

Kevin

7 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

Ok, great.

Thanks Kevin. I do still see an open bug similar to this but it certainly helps to have your report as well - in case it's something slightly different.

Submitted!

8 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

It also allows you to keep an eye on the issue. :-)

I think maybe you know something I don't. As far as I'm aware there's currently no public tracking method for bug submissions :D

Kevin

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...