Perspectives

Dianeth

Fastest way is CMD+0 - then draw a line from where you want to stand to where you want to look.  Then a box will ask you your eye height and the height of what you are looking at.  BAM.  Perspective.  You can then change the View / Projection menu commands.  You then can make a viewport or saved view of the view when you have it correct.  

Once you are in the perspective you can use the Walkthrough Tool in the Visualization tool pallet to walk around and adjust.  I am partial to video game mode.

OR You can use the camera tool to set a camera....

Edited by Tom Klaber
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

Fastest way is CMD+0 - then draw a line from where you want to stand to where you want to look.  Then a box will ask you your eye height and the height of what you are looking at.  BAM.  Perspective.  You can then change the View / Projection menu commands.  You then can make a viewport or saved view of the view when you have it correct.  

OR You can use the camera tool to set a camera....

Thank you Tom!. I click CMD+0, draw the line in plan view, then the box ask the height; but from there the perspective square in "Empty". I don't see anything in perspective :(.

15 minutes ago, barkest said:

Our students just create wireframe walls, boxes....and drop in a camera and play around with fine tune. Print and draw using the wireframe as a guide.

Thank you Tom and Barkest, the option of the camera is working. But I still would like to be able to do it with the first option Tom says. 

The only thing I can think of is that your height and view height settings are somehow missing your model.  Go into an elevation and make note of the Z height of your model.  If you are eyes are at 5' looking at 5' (straight ahead) but somehow your model is 50 feet above you - you will not see anything.  

If you are still having trouble - send me the file - I will take a quick look.  

• Like 1

Thanks Tom. I repaired the Z height. It was 16' below of "0" origin. The only thing is now in my height and view height, when setting the perspective, I am needing to put 16'+5' (my height)=21' to be able to see it normal. I guess for the next drawing I will should set the "0" origin from the beggining of the drawing.

Yes.  It was exactly this that made me conscious of always building the model off of Z=0 back when I was first starting out.  This will also help when extruding and other operations that default to z=0.  In turn - this will start to encourage good layer management - as setting the Z height of layers when you have complex models will make these operations more smooth.