LIne End Markers Appear

J Lucas

Question

15 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Might be mild document corruption, disabling the markers manually doesn't work. When I copy the space objects themselves to a new file, they come over with the purple pen coloring but no markers. A Layer Import also seems to bring everything over and removes the markers:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/790/Layer+Import

I have had this same exact thing happen on many files over the years. Could it be that all those files were corrupted?  Or might this actually be a bug?  Also, I have reported this multiple times to tech support.

It is not just happening to the space objects.

All the markers are removed if I undo the create similar object action.

Edited by J Lucas

See attached.

New VW 2017 file.  Import classes.  Draw items on a design layer.  Create sheet viewport.  Set viewport rendering to Sketch.  Set to Notes-Sheet class and draw a callout. Use right click to call up context menu and execute create similar object.  Line end markers appear.

The Sketch rendering setting is key.  If that is turned off the phantom line end markers go away.

Test 2.vwx

Actually I have to say I am wondering why I am required to put this next level of effort in. I don't really have the time to be doing this if the first place. But I thought I would  give it a try with the new system and all. I think that I clearly demonstrated that it is a bug and that someone at N should take it from here and track it and keep me up to date on the progress on solving it.

Edited by J Lucas
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently that can only be done through Tech Support, who do not yet monitor this board. They may very well in the future (many have suggested this and I agree) but for now the old channels are still what need to be used. You can certainly forward them the link to this thread however and then you won't need to upload the files or re-explain yourself.

Okay.  The link idea is helpful. 

Was this troubleshooting forum the best place to post this topic in the first place?   Or?

When could one expect you to get involved in seeing something through?  Was this issue not important enough in your view?

It may be difficult to imagine, but, before I figured out what was causing it (maybe two years ago), I lost many work hours over the years due to this issue.  After trying several times to call tech attention to it, it was very discouraging to find it in VW 2017.