steebeebo

line weight in elevation

Question

I modeled in 3d and now trying to get 2d views. The line weight doesn't look so great.

Is there anything I'm missing? or do I re-draw in sheet layer?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 10.17.46 PM.png

Edited by steebeebo

4 answers to this question

Yes, first you can control everything in 3d, Default 3D or 3D Plugin Objects by classes
to set suitable stroke weights, fills, materials, ... in general,

second you will want to override Classes in Viewports to finally tweak the appearance
for the Viewports special needs.

Steebeebo,  after years of wishing there could be an easier way, our standard procedure is to convert 3d objects to lines, then using a combination of drawing over the lines, composing certain lines into polylines, and creating polygons using lasso and bucket modes, basically recreate the drawing in 2d over the geometry derived from 3d.  For me its the only way to get a classic heirachy of lineweights, distinguishing between objects seen in profile (a silhouette that can involve multiple objects), secondary objects seen in profile, corners of objects, and corners + other minor lines.

Hi, I never recreate the 3D with 2D over anymore. All my 2D representations comes from the 3D model (well most). If you draw on classes you can change them in the viewport to be what ever you want. See attached.

Capture.JPG

Untitled1.vwx