Hello!

I think I need a complete tutorial about the news structural member tool, because there are things that seems doesn't works.

I do place four columns, then I try to draw the beams, but it draw them at the bottoms of columns instead of the head. I do set the proper elevation in the dialog box, but it's the same...

So, the build has some problems to fix (OXS - 327801) (to let auto join works, I have to deselect and then select it again - just for example) or I do somethings wrong and then I need some tutorial.

Thank you

L.

• Like 1

I think first we need a Video on how the Functions and usability was meant by the developer.
It is not self explanatory to me and works in a way I would not expect.

Than I am quite surprised that Structural Members aren't bound to "Levels".
Especially in Column Mode.
Plus the redundancies together with Framing Members.

But generally I like these a lot.

3 hours ago, zoomer said:

I hope - there is a lot of potential in it.

I strongly hope too!

Anyway, using as always the framing tool (we have a lot of shape) I can now compute each member using the spreadsheet and the function "=LENTGH" that return the extrusion value. So I can compute the exact weight, total length and so on, of my structure. Of course, structural member tool, would be the best choice.

Better than nothing... :-)

L.

PS does someone able to set in the spreadsheet, the break sum? I mean, the partial sum for each type, in my case 'class'

Edited by lucioing
to complete my post
Guest Wes Gardner

The shapes that ship with the program reside in Vectorworks > Libraries > Defaults > Structural Shapes.

If you want to create custom shapes, I'd put them in the User folder following the same path.  In this manner, they won't get over written next time you upgrade. (Hint: For Mac you have to expose your Library folder) - the path then is UserName > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > etc. etc.

BTW, this holds true for adding any custom stuff, use your User Folder and keep the path identical to the Application folder's path(s) and then you'll be able to see your custom shapes, etc. in the various drop-downs.

Let me know if there's difficulty.

Wes

20 hours ago, Wes Gardner said:

The shapes that ship with the program reside in Vectorworks > Libraries > Defaults > Structural Shapes.

If you want to create custom shapes, I'd put them in the User folder following the same path.  In this manner, they won't get over written next time you upgrade. (Hint: For Mac you have to expose your Library folder) - the path then is UserName > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > etc. etc.

BTW, this holds true for adding any custom stuff, use your User Folder and keep the path identical to the Application folder's path(s) and then you'll be able to see your custom shapes, etc. in the various drop-downs.

Let me know if there's difficulty.

Wes

Thanks but I only see the steel shapes there. I don't see the new 2017 concrete shapes.