Hebrew Text Import/export

The Export of Hebrew text, as far as I know, is impossible. When opening a DWG exported by VW in Autocad the Hebrew text is shown, but as a complete gibberish. Importing file that contains Hebrew Text from Autocad give the same results - gibberish text.

Is there a solution to this problem

Thanks for your replay, but it won't help. The problem is not with the missing fonts. If I'm writing in Autocad with a font I got on my computer, the file is opening without the "map fonts" option in the translation process, and the Gibberish is popping into the screen. It seems like the character map that Autocad uses in Hebrew is totally different from the one that VectorWorks, and other windows software, are using.

I believe that OpenDWG, which as much as I know is used by VW, should take care of that problem, but I don't see any clue to that in real life.

Katie, maybe I can get your response to this subject?

quote:

Originally posted by Yovav:

the file is opening without the "map fonts" option in the translation process, and the Gibberish is popping into the screen. It seems like the character map that Autocad uses in Hebrew is totally different from the one that VectorWorks, and other windows software, are using.

Does the gibberish indicate that the Hebrew font in question is actually used? Do you have access to another Hebrew font? Does changing the font make any difference? Is it total gibberish or is there a pattern (well, there should be...)

What I'm getting at is that it would be dead easy to write a script that 'remaps' ASCII codes in all text strings, ie. converts from one coding to another. A job for the local distributor of VW, perhaps?

Dear Petri, you are correct. A script for changing the ASCII codes seems to be a trivial solution, and I think that the local distributor should do it. Unfortunately he doesn't think so. In the past (8.x days) there was such a script and it worked pretty fine. During the years, and the upgrades, the script stopped working, and the guy who developed it doesn't deal with VW any more.

Since I know nothing about programming and scripting and can't write this script myself, I'm trying to get another solution.

I believe that users of non-regular languages, like Japanese, have the same problems and I'm sure they got some solution for the problem. I also suspect that OpenDWG libraries, that VW uses for translating DWG information, should take care of that situation "globally".

I hope that some one from Nemetschek will give us his perspective of the situation and the solution.

Yovav,

I suggest sending all of this information to tech support. I'm not working in tech support anymore, so don't put it to my attention.

They'll be able to discuss the problem with the text guy and see where the problem is breaking down.

quote:

Originally posted by Yovav:

In the past (8.x days) there was such a script and it worked pretty fine. During the years, and the upgrades, the script stopped working, and the guy who developed it doesn't deal with VW any more.

Yovav,

Email the script to me - I can probably fix the obsolete calls etc as a matter of minutes. Well, I hope so...

The address is

petri@4dform.com.au