Reporting Pressure Loss in Worksheets...incorrect values?!

ericjhberg

Question

When using the irrigation tools and setting up a P.O.C. or any other piece of equipment, it is possible to query ALL of the PIO fields (i.e. required pressure, greatest zone flow, etc.). This is AWESOME!!

HOWEVER!!! I have noticed that pressure values (psi - pounds per square inch) when returned in a database header often do not reflect the correct value! Is this a units issue?

See the attached image. RED highlighted values need to equal one another and so do the BLUE highlighted values. 

Screenshot_1.jpg

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We internally store the values in metric. So what you see in the worksheet is kPa (kilo-pascals).

However, it should translate the value when displaying in the worksheet. I wonder why it is not working. Can you send a simple file that demonstrates the problem?

On 10/31/2016 at 8:45 AM, Vladislav Stanev said:

We internally store the values in metric. So what you see in the worksheet is kPa (kilo-pascals).

However, it should translate the value when displaying in the worksheet. I wonder why it is not working. Can you send a simple file that demonstrates the problem?

@Vladislav Stanev. I know it has been awhile since I originally asked this question, but I am still encountering it. My latest example is the Irrigation POC Schedule, pulled directly from the VWorks stock reports. It is reporting Output Pressure and Max Safe Flow in units I don't understand. We are looking for PSI and GPM respectively. Is this metric? Do I need to run a conversion factor?

Thanks.Screenshot_1.jpg.2d2b214f8087c5e9edd20f4b8d0b89ad.jpg

Hey Eric.

This has been fixed for SP1, but let me know if you run into any similar issues. It is indeed a metric conversion issue, but you shouldn't have to do anything. It should report the values in your chosen units (the same values you see in the OIP).

Thanks.

Hi Eric, to add to Lance's response. This works via a new worksheet function 'WSCustomUnitsTranslate'

The worksheets have been updated to use that function os it reports the same value as the OIP.

See the worksheet in a new file.