IRRIGATION TOOLS - BUG? HOW TO ROTATE SYMBOLS, DRIPLINE OUTLETS, ETC.

ericjhberg

Question

I have only just begun using the irrigtation tools of 2017. I have not been able to rotate irrigation component symbols (i.e. outlet object, valve, system components, etc.) when they are placed on a pipe. I have tried both the rotate tool and entering a rotation value into the rotation input of the OIP and the don't rotate.

2 answers to this question

Vlado,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you on this. I have simplified a file with one POC and several stations. The issue here is still that we can't rotate anything. Everything, once connected to an irrigation network, maintains a true north orientation despite attempts to rotate. The "ROTATION" angle appears to change in the OIP, but the graphics do not respond. Of course this is okay when your model is oriented to true north, but we often have to rotate viewports and such to fit plans on sheets. This is also true of TAG/LABEL objects, which is perhaps more important since these are what appears directly on the plans and needs to be read horizontally if possible on any sheet.

One thought is perhaps, to avoid the process of rotating everything after placing the components, perhaps the symbols could automatically orient to the angle of the incoming pipe. This could then be modified if occurances needed to, but it would be a pretty uniform starting point.

In the file you will find a couple of "IDEAL" layers that have been exploded to show how we would ideally like to manipulate symbols. 

I have also recorded a screenshot video at the following link. It shows our ideal and the process of trying to rotate.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/u/h0tR/IrrigationRotation

Irrigation_Test_File.vwx