Increase Preview Size for Line Types

Tom Klaber

Question

I like the fact that there is a unified interface for selecting resources, but it does not work very well for line types.  The previews are too small - it is almost impossible to see what the line type is by the previews provided.  I have to make the browser size the size of my entire screen to get the preview to enlarge enough for the dash to be seen.  We need a way to choose thumbnail size.  I am submitting as a bug because this kinda needs to be fixed before 2018.  I think it really is only an issue with line types.

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 4.41.56 PM.png

• Like 2

11 answers to this question

Yes, that preview is not really useful. It should preferably automatically zoom in to show the core elements of the linetype, i.e. only that part that gets repeated plus the first element of the next repeat and not a "long" stretch that shows multiple repetitions. Or only show the core elements and just one repetition.

• Like 2

On a small 4K monitor they are hard to see.... The size of line type preview for editing has always been a problem...

at first I thought the developers were trying to accommodate the people using 600x800 screens, but now I suspect that it's for the people trying to do CAD on Apple watches... ;-)) no? 

• Like 1
On 12/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, lgoodkind said:

Agree - totally useless when you can't really even see what you are looking at.  The same goes for textures and image thumbnails - can't see enough to tell the difference between them.

yeah - it really is an across the board problem with the resource manager.  This really needs to be dynamic.  If web pages can do it - VW can too.

• Like 1

I once asked for larger Previews in Resource Manager in general.

Like in Modo, C4D or Linux I have slider to grow Thumbnails up

to max real size.

I think the problem was that most stuff in RM is prepared, for

online temporary access and would otherwise explode bandwith.

I would vote for eliminating these limits at least for any local content

and thumbnail generation on the fly though.