• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
Tom Klaber

Increase Preview Size for Line Types

Question

I like the fact that there is a unified interface for selecting resources, but it does not work very well for line types.  The previews are too small - it is almost impossible to see what the line type is by the previews provided.  I have to make the browser size the size of my entire screen to get the preview to enlarge enough for the dash to be seen.  We need a way to choose thumbnail size.  I am submitting as a bug because this kinda needs to be fixed before 2018.  I think it really is only an issue with line types.

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 4.41.56 PM.png

6 answers to this question

I also was a bit irritated about the preview image size for textures on my 30" Monitor.
I think it is a bit too small to examine a textures for usefulness.

Yes, that preview is not really useful. It should preferably automatically zoom in to show the core elements of the linetype, i.e. only that part that gets repeated plus the first element of the next repeat and not a "long" stretch that shows multiple repetitions. Or only show the core elements and just one repetition.

On a small 4K monitor they are hard to see.... The size of line type preview for editing has always been a problem...

at first I thought the developers were trying to accommodate the people using 600x800 screens, but now I suspect that it's for the people trying to do CAD on Apple watches... ;-)) no? 

Agree - totally useless when you can't really even see what you are looking at.  The same goes for textures and image thumbnails - can't see enough to tell the difference between them.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, lgoodkind said:

Agree - totally useless when you can't really even see what you are looking at.  The same goes for textures and image thumbnails - can't see enough to tell the difference between them.

yeah - it really is an across the board problem with the resource manager.  This really needs to be dynamic.  If web pages can do it - VW can too.