VW 2017 Libraries update problem

Kevin C

Question

I think the library refresh has to do also with the "Libraries" in Files.
As long as I work with one file only, I have nor problems.

When I open more files and work between these and change their ressources,
I think, I get such a warning some minutes after switching to another file.

And of course after each new start of VW.

^ is this maybe a problem, with Previews, because of my universal, Finder Generated Folders ?

Once imported to my working Files, Preview works as normal.
And I saw that I have to choose a special Folder Type when creating these inside VW.

And VW refuses Objects to be dragged into "wrong" Folders (?)

And my problem is now that I don't see any way to estimate what kind of Folder I had created.

Or that I can't delete a Folder I created inside a Ressource File.

Or that I could re-set my Workgroup Folders in a way that prevent from problems (?)

On 9/20/2016 at 5:28 AM, Art V said:

Do you also get an error when trying to update the library catalog?

I had the same issue and when trying to update the library catalog it popped up an error stating it had not enough rights or that the file might be missing.

Running VW as administrator solves this problem as the update can then be completed and on subsequent starts of VW this message no longer appears as long as there is no update to a library.

The local support desk did not know that is causing this, as everything else works fine her (for as far as I can tell), perhaps it will be solved in SP1.

Yes, I had this same problem. I had no problem with the 2016 version, but 2017 I still haven't been able to find a solution

12 hours ago, ekeshet said:

Yes, I had this same problem. I had no problem with the 2016 version, but 2017 I still haven't been able to find a solution

Are you on a Mac or Windows?

If on Windows try using "Run as administrator" to update the library catalog for the time being. On Mac this is apparently not possible. They are working on a fix for this issue, but it seems to be a bit complex to solve on the Windows side due to some restrictions in the Windows OS when it comes to running a program as admin as it causes some other issues (e.g. drag and drop for importing images doesn't work when running VW as administrator).

I have a similar problem with the 2017 Viewer, which asks me to update the library but fails with the message:

The following library could not be updated: Vectorworks Libraries.

Verify that you are connected to the internet and have write access to the application libraries folder.

The viewer is installed on a laptop with Windows 10 Home and run as administrator.

Version: Benelux - 2017 SP1 (Build 333939) 64 bit

Which folder is the program trying to access?

Edited by VW-Paul