Macbook Pro - Rumor Custom Chipset

4 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Thanks for the info @JimW! It looks the like graphics hardware is a good step up and its not even the top end upgrade to the Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB VRAM. I wonder if anyone on the forum has that version and could be convinced to run Cinebench.....

Kevin

I believe that @Andrew Davieshas the new MBP with Radeon Pro 460, he posted a screencap of his Cinebench benchmark over in this thread.

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 21.48.43.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's the weirdness I mentioned before. VRAM used to be the limiting factor of a GPU, but now memory has become so cheap that it isn't what holds most GPUs back unless theyre plugged into a super high res, or multiple normal res displays. I'll try to whip up a demo that explains it a bit better.

• 8 months later...

Any vwx experience out there with MacBook Pro running external graphics card systems?

Here's an example that apparently runs in Sierra:

https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox3-egpu.html/#457:1599

Looks like Bizon is charging $500 for the chassis & power supply (a big brick), plus several hundred to provide and install the card of choice - many NVidia choices.

Or, I guess you provide and install graphics card yourself.

High Sierra apparently has built in support and developer kits out there for external graphics. So many options should hit the market soon.

-B