Independent unit settings in Viewports

rgcn

Question

I would like to see the ability to change units within a viewport that would be different from the global unit settings within a file.  

For instance, If I had my drawing file set to imperial, but had a site survey that was in metric, and I wished to maintain that site plan in metric, but leave the rest of my drawing file in imperial, I could change the site plan viewport to metric and dimension in the preferred units, such as in meters.

Another override within a viewport that some what falls in line with this request is to have an independent dimension style.  In some cases, for clarity, the above site plan may need to have dual dimensions of metric and imperial.  In an example, I would like to have the metric dimension shown in meters with an imperial dimension in decimal feet.  e.g.. 60m (196.85') vs having it read 60m (196'-10 1/8").  Then in the rest of the file if dual dimensions were required they could be metric mm and feet and inches. 3048mm (10'-0")

Rob

3 answers to this question

On 9/16/2016 at 1:36 PM, rgcn said:

I would like to see the ability to change units within a viewport that would be different from the global unit settings within a file.  

For instance, If I had my drawing file set to imperial, but had a site survey that was in metric, and I wished to maintain that site plan in metric, but leave the rest of my drawing file in imperial, I could change the site plan viewport to metric and dimension in the preferred units, such as in meters.

Another override within a viewport that some what falls in line with this request is to have an independent dimension style.  In some cases, for clarity, the above site plan may need to have dual dimensions of metric and imperial.  In an example, I would like to have the metric dimension shown in meters with an imperial dimension in decimal feet.  e.g.. 60m (196.85') vs having it read 60m (196'-10 1/8").  Then in the rest of the file if dual dimensions were required they could be metric mm and feet and inches. 3048mm (10'-0")

Rob

Hey Rob, did this ever get solved? I agree with the request and I've added my version of this to the wish list.