Libraries update VW 2017

Uli

Question

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Close Vectorworks itself, then go to your C:/Program Files/Vectorworks 2017 folder. In there, you should see a "Vectorworks Package Manager" application separate from the main application, it has a down arrow-ish icon. Double click that, then click "Install All" at the top right. Let me know if that gives you any trouble or what happens after installation.

Thanks Jim for your very quick reply, first I tried to set write access to the libraries folder, but it was reset the next time I opened the folder. The second thing is, that I would download a lot of librairies that I don't need if I set install all.

Regards

Uli

That is a very good question. I did not see any possibility or necessity to install the Content Libraries as Administrator. I use Windows 10 home, before that I used Windows 7 Pro. Do you think I have to start the packet manager with the Administrator option and  run through the whole installation process again? When I start VW 2017 with the Administrator option I don't get the error prompt.

I have the same error when trying to update already installed libraries or the libraries catalog file. This happens to me on every start-up of VW2017. One way to solve this is to run Vectorworks as administrator and then you will not get the error as it will be able to update the catalog file.

I've already contacted local support but they don't know what the underlying problem is.

Edited by Art V

This question also seems to arise in relation to VW Architect - when I initially tried to install the libraries the install would seemingly proceed until it got to 'merge' libraries whereupon it seemed to halt. Having first thought that there was a problem with the install and having cancelled it twice I eventually decided to leave it and after about 15 minutes it did finally complete. I don't know how much information is in these library files but it would be useful to offer more of a choice of which libraries to select during this merger operation.