RussU

Trouble with annotating hidden line viewports

Question

Hi I have a structural model, and I've done section viewports in a plan view, to be rendered as hidden line.

I have 3d conversion set to low for speed, and they have a depth set (not infinate)

I render the section, and it looks lovely... when I go to annotate it, on entering the viewport it displays as hidden line, with tonnes of unnecesary extra lines making redraw very slow and difficult to annotate.

When you exit, you need to update the viewprt and then it displays as expected. Previous versions of VW always allowed you to annotate the hidden line render, and not go to wireframe.... anyone else with this issue?

PC, Win 8.1, Nvidia graphics

Cheers

4 answers to this question

Confirmed in 2017, it seems to be triggering the viewports Out of Date check upon editing. Working fine in prior versions, submitting this as a bug now.

VB-136112

Ok, strange that it would be both PC and Mac!
Thanks jim, glad I'm not going mad!

Russ

Same problem here, we've been seeing it for a while... VW2016. Doesn't happen consistently, just some viewports.

When you enter the annotations layer of the section viewport do you have 'display viewport cache' checked? It must be in order to keep the render and not revert to wireframe.