Issues with object info palette

Jiajing

Question

Hello,

Anyone suffer that situation on 2017 version with this situation.

I wanna to change the height from 6'2'' to 7'3'', when I enter the number 7'3'', it is invalid. the way I do is first input 7' then the software shows 7'0'' then I change the 0'' to 3''. is that a bug or something I did not recognized? 

Thank you!

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 hours ago, marioqi said:

Anyone suffer that situation on 2017 version with this situation.

I wanna to change the height from 6'2'' to 7'3'', when I enter the number 7'3'', it is invalid. the way I do is first input 7' then the software shows 7'0'' then I change the 0'' to 3''. is that a bug or something I did not recognized?

Hello marioqi,

What object is selected when you do this? Does it happen with other objects as well?

What character are you using for the inches mark?  You have to use the standard double quotes mark. If you have something that is doing a "Smart Quote" substitution or you are using two single quote marks, VW won't recognize it as a unit symbol and could cause the problem you are seeing. When you then manually change the inches part of the dimension but leave the quote mark alone you are avoiding the problem.