Thanks for the great Videos !

zoomer

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Glad you like them! I was not able to get anywhere close to as many as I wanted in there before rollout. Keep an eye on it, we will be adding more as we make them on different topics, we have detaches the guide series from the yearly release so they will now be constantly updated and revised.

2 hours ago, JimW said:

Glad you like them! I was not able to get anywhere close to as many as I wanted in there before rollout. Keep an eye on it, we will be adding more as we make them on different topics, we have detaches the guide series from the yearly release so they will now be constantly updated and revised.

As always, the provided videos are very good - we just need more of them.

Breaking the GSG away from the yearly release will be a good first step.

I see that it's mainly the new Arch Bim Videos that are so brilliant.
Because these include the new "why I do this and not that" that we discussed recently.
Plus the use of appealing demo projects !

It may be a lot of work to do so but I want to point out that it also has a large impact
and gets honored.

I recommend especially things like the "Viewport" video.
I think these will do a lot to convince users to adapt to new VW technologies by showing
their advantages against the old workarounds so used to.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, zoomer said:

I see that it's mainly the new Arch Bim Videos that are so brilliant.
Because these include the new "why I do this and not that" that we discussed recently.
Plus the use of appealing demo projects !

It may be a lot of work to do so but I want to point out that it also has a large impact
and gets honored.

I recommend especially things like the "Viewport" video.
I think these will do a lot to convince users to adapt to new VW technologies by showing
their advantages against the old workarounds so used to.

If people keep liking them, this will be how we eventually handle the rest of the guides. Renderworks and Arch are now that way and I think we are going to start on Site Design next, starting with some site model and contour import stuff we are currently lacking info on.

No not those, the howto stuff. I just steal from the flashy videos when I need something pretty to play while I talk ;)

From what I understand, those commercials are first drafted originally in Vectorworks, exported to C4D for most of the 3D animation, and then for some of the text and signage a combination of Premier and After Effects.

24 minutes ago, JimW said:

No not those, the howto stuff. I just steal from the flashy videos when I need something pretty to play while I talk ;)

From what I understand, those commercials are first drafted originally in Vectorworks, exported to C4D for most of the 3D animation, and then for some of the text and signage a combination of Premier and After Effects.

...that seems fair. 

1 hour ago, JimW said:

we are going to start on Site Design next, starting with some site model and contour import stuff we are currently lacking info on.

Yes please.
I personally am also interested even in areas that I never use so far.
(like that whole 2D contruction plan things or reporting stuff)
Your Dimension Video already motivated me to play with these .. ah ...ok, soon, when time.

• 2 weeks later...

All the new videos are fine and dandy @JimW, but I think that going forward they should be more like this one below. I find this presenter's explanation very clear and understandable. Without a doubt, I definitely feel completely ready to use this equipment the moment this video ends.

;)

-Neil