Sad to leave :(

With pain in my heart I have today canceled my VSS account, I've been forced to move over to the Dark Side, unfortunately the office I recently was employed works with Revit only. 

I would just like to thank everyone that has helped me on this forum through the years (my first version of Vectorworks was 11.5 back in 2004), I hope i've been able to contribute as much as I've been aided.

(Please make VWs market leader soon and kick Revit ass, so that I can convince the office management to convert!!!!)

Good luck to you all!

Vincent

• Like 3

Could there ever be a worse quit date with Vectorworks than at the time of the VW 2017 release ?

>:( Revit, Dark Side .... :S
Open Eyes when signing job contracts.

But could have been much worse. Could have been Autocad ....

Good Luck Vincent !
And come back here from time to time to tell about your experiences.

13 hours ago, zoomer said:

Could there ever be a worse quit date with Vectorworks than at the time of the VW 2017 release ?

>:( Revit, Dark Side .... :S
Open Eyes when signing job contracts.

But could have been much worse. Could have been Autocad ....

Good Luck Vincent !
And come back here from time to time to tell about your experiences.

Problem is Vectorworks is virtually unknown in Sweden, I started my own business partly because I could decide what software to use, unfortunately I hit the wall (got stressed out) so had to go back to an 'ordinary' low pace employement........ perhaps the future will bring more opportunities....

I can already tell you that Revit is a good program but it's like tunnel vision compared to VWs, and 'families' (the thing Revit is based upon) is extremely tedious and complicated, each and every object you create in revit is unique (kind of like our autohybrids) so forget taking a window and quickly customizing width, height etc, first you need to duplicate another similar door/window then edit settings then save and use it....tedious :(

• Like 1