Vectorworks 10.1.2 quits under OS X 10.2.6

Just installed new system (Dual 1.4 1GB RAM OS X 10.2.6) at a clients. VW 10.1.2 randomly quits with an error. Are there any known issues that might cause this behaviour.

Does VW quit if the dongle loses power during use of the program? I ask this because I've noticed that the active light on the dongle has not been on a couple of times when I've been on site.

Thanks in advance

The dongle needs to be plugged in and the light needs to be on at all times for the duration of a VW session. If the light goes out or the dongle is unplugged, you may not and probably won't be able to save the work since the program goes into demo mode.

A few things that may be causing the problem is the hard drive going to sleep. There are a number of known issues of OS 10 not waking properly from sleep. USB drives can also have a sleep button for them. If this is activated, the USB device may not be available as the usb drive did not awake properly.

THe last thing that can cause this is the monitor going to sleep. I've seen a few occasions where this has interferred with hardware not being available after waking from sleep.

The rule of thumb is to turn off any setting that allows for a sleep mode.

As for the crashing - it may be related to the above issues.

If you've installed the OS from an earlier version of OS 10 and ran an update(s) to get to 10.2.6 - you probably need to run Disk Utilities First Aid to get you up to par.

IT's a good idea to run this after every OS software update and on a regular basis as maintenance.