Network Licence restriction

morning all,

We have recently purchased a 6 seat network licence for us. I have the licence server working fine but we wish to install VW2017 on the terminal server. we have around 25 users on teh server but wish to restrict access to the VW license to specific users (so the pool isnt used up and hogged). does anyone know if this is possible through wither the licence server or through windows (server 2008 currently, upgrading to 2012 dec/jan).

the licence server is on a stand alone PC, so not trying to install this on the server, just user access to the program/licence when using the temrinal server.

TIA!

H

• Administrator
2 hours ago, henry.matter said:

morning all,

We have recently purchased a 6 seat network licence for us. I have the licence server working fine but we wish to install VW2017 on the terminal server. we have around 25 users on teh server but wish to restrict access to the VW license to specific users (so the pool isnt used up and hogged). does anyone know if this is possible through wither the licence server or through windows (server 2008 currently, upgrading to 2012 dec/jan).

the licence server is on a stand alone PC, so not trying to install this on the server, just user access to the program/licence when using the temrinal server.

TIA!

H

This is possible via License server (RLM) options: You can either grant (INCLUDE) specific user,group, host or IP address access to the license or Exclude them from the same privileges. It will depend on your configuration. More detailed information from our HELP or you can also check the Reprise manual.

That’s great, thank you - however I’m struggling to get this to function properly (or am probably misunderstanding the instructions!).

for example, I am trying to test by excluding access to a VW2016 licence for me (user henry) by adding this to the RLM options file: "EXCLUDEALL henry" but this doesn’t work.

I’m also a little confused if the RLM settings will restrict access to a VW2016 licence or just to the RLM server. I have also tried the same command in the ISV options file but to no avail.

Do I have to do anything besides save the file to activate the settings?

Am I completely off the mark with the command I'm using?

thanks!

H