Class visibilities in sheet layer viewports bug?

P Retondo

Question

v2016, I am unable to make sheet layer viewport class visibilities work.  If a class is turned off in a viewport, it still appears unless the class is turned off in the "current view" in the navigation palette.  This makes it impossible to have a certain class appear in one sheet layer viewport, and invisible in another.  Does anyone else experience this problem?

Class visibility bug.vwx

6 answers to this question

Michael, thanks - bugsubmit engineer contacted me with the same observation, and when I restarted VW this morning, I'm not seeing the bug either.  So it's not a corrupted installation, but some state that is triggered by some as yet unknown event.  It does happen, trust me, and I created a new file to upload when I noticed this behavior in a project file I'm working on.  So the bug is not related to the file, either, but to some state that is a mystery.  Have you, or has anyone else, experienced this?  Jim, what is the VGM cache?  Not familiar with that.

Whatever is going on, it happens frequently.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The VGM or Vectorworks Graphics Module now handles (When set to Best Performance or the middle setting) Top/PLan drawing via your computer's graphics card. There are reports that it seems to show old information that has been moved or removed. This issue does not affect prints or exports so far in our testing, but it is visually irritating.

Confirmed and filed as a bug - VB-135628

1 hour ago, JimW said:

The VGM or Vectorworks Graphics Module now handles (When set to Best Performance or the middle setting) Top/PLan drawing via your computer's graphics card. There are reports that it seems to show old information that has been moved or removed. This issue does not affect prints or exports so far in our testing, but it is visually irritating.

Confirmed and filed as a bug - VB-135628

@JimW- I believe the original post was asking about 2016, not 2017.