Unable to select viewport in sheet layers

AYAAKI

For some reason I am unable to select my viewport in my sheet layers.

I can't select in order to annotate and crop or move the viewport around the sheet layer.

I feel I've exhausted my resources as far as co workers and searching the forum so apologies if this question has been answered a million times and I missed it.

Do I have some settings box checked off?

I can't attach the file to a public forum just yet as this production is still upcoming. 

Please let me know, thanks!

Like any Element in VW, a Viewport is assigned to a Design or (in your case) a Sheet Layer + a Class.
Check if you set the Viewports Class to be visible and class options to allow access to elements on that class.
(Show Snap Modify Others)

If you don't know which Class the Viewport is on,
just hover your Cursor over the VP, right click and chose "Force Select",
then VW will do that the necessary Class Settings automatically for you.

Edited by zoomer
  • 3 months later...

I also have this problem -  can't select nor snap to any points of a viewport on sheet layer. FYI: 1) layers are set to 'show/snap/modify others"; 2) classes are set to 'show/snap/modify others"; 3) viewports are in None class (and I can pickup any other objects in None class on the same sheet.

Should I send you the file so you can try?

Thanks

Sid

I solved it, although it is still a bit of mystery. I have a second viewport of the same plan on another design layer. I found out that this layer was set to Orthgonal projection(Don't know when it happened, probably a quick-key without knowing). After I change that layer back to 2D Plan I can snap or select the first VP in question. What doesn't make sense is why a different viewport on a different design layer could affect it. Hope someone can explain.

Thanks

Sid

This may be completely off,

but that sounds like If feel when I try to use the Push Pull Tool and it will not select any Faces

of the Object I want to edit, but proposes all Faces of the Objects around.

The solution in this case is to select the object and CMD+F move to front.

In rare cases it may have helped to zoom out and simply come back in from another view rotation side.

All not applicable in your case (?)

Pre 2017, ANY problems with visibility or edit-ability were ALWAYS related to inappropriate

Layer/Class Settings. I think since VW 2017, there also happens some black magic frome

inside of the graphics module.

Edited by zoomer
  • 4 years later...

Hi, I've had the same issue, it can get very frustrating to the point where you would just rather throw the computer out the window and try again.

In the classes organiser, I made sure all the classes were showen in the filter, after that I just turn them all on to be visible. This allowed me to select the viewport and place it in the correct class and layer.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jelle

On 12/16/2016 at 7:36 PM, SIDUG said:

I'm such a fool. I thought I solved the problem but I didn't. I still can't snap nor select all the viewports.

Just a double check: in the Restriction Palet the Snap to Object option is selected? You can use the q-key to toggle. Maybe that happened by accident?

Edit: never looked at the date of the TS post, issue probably solved in the meantime…

Edited by Jan-Burger TROOST
11 hours ago, Jan-Burger TROOST said:

Just a double check: in the Restriction Palet the Snap to Object option is selected? You can use the q-key to toggle. Maybe that happened by accident?

Edit: never looked at the date of the TS post, issue probably solved in the meantime…

I solved the problem. It was 5 years ago and I don't remember how I did it.

• 2 months later...