Bas Vellekoop

Question

After the great release of VW 2017 I'm hoping for some upgrades for the solids modeling (interactive  fillet / interactive chamfer / editing history) and nurbs surface modeling (interactivity / joining of surfaces / combining of tools) for VW 2018.

I like and use the 'old' modeling tools allot, but they are in some desperate need of care and love.
They are not fancy as the latest additions to modeling tools (subdivision surfaces, twist and bulge tools) but because they have a editing history and because the work with basic planar objects that you can extrude its easier to work with real dimensions.  
The twist/bulge tools and subdivision surfaces are imo more like working with clay, allot of fun, but not allot of stuff is made of clay ;) 
For example: if I want to model a piece of bend sheet metal, i always draw the side view with the correct radius as a planar object and the extrude it. Or create 2 nurbs surfaces and fillet them with a chosen radius and shell it. I can control every step in this proces and go back. 
Personally i dont 'trust' the bend tool in VW for this (and it doesnt help you cant go back a step if you want to change the radius).

I searched for the several wish lists topics about them and gathered them here. Lets 'plus' this topic with hope it gets priority for the next release :)

(love the new search tool on the forum :) )

• Like 3

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet