360 Pano Export

As @JimWsaid this is the best time to wish for things:

We need the ability to export a 360 pano image from a fixed point.  These are super useful and can be sent to phones, embedded on websites, even viewed now on Facebook.  The VR web view is good - but it does not have the render quality that we would want.  With the 360 pano render - you can export at High-Quality renderworks and give a "Standing Still" VR experience - a 360 Facebook post.  

• Like 1

It will be useful for (civil) engineering purposes as well so +1 (and upvoted). It might be nice to be able to save this as a resource/style that can applied to multiple viewports independent of the layer/class visibilities.

E.g. one might want to show the full render of the completed project, but also a render where you see just the utilities lines, or just the structural components all from the same viewpoint.

51 minutes ago, rDesign said:

Yeah - the slick 2017 teaser video was a little misleading (deceptive perhaps?) in that the image shown at the point where it was talking about Web View shows a fully rendered 2D panoramic image, which is well beyond what Web View can currently do:

image.jpeg

I know!  I got excited when I saw that - but alas no....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
52 minutes ago, rDesign said:

Yeah - the slick 2017 teaser video was a little misleading (deceptive perhaps?) in that the image shown at the point where it was talking about Web View shows a fully rendered 2D panoramic image, which is well beyond what Web View can currently do:

image.jpeg

I found that portion deceptive as well, unless 2017 is capable of that and I simply haven't managed to find it either in the UI itself or on the task list. We can certainly import and use those types of images as backgrounds but I know of no way (other than cheating and going to another application) to export these types of images from Vectorworks. I suspect this wasn't intentional, but it irks me a bit. I'll look into what happened.