Cassie

Custom Title block won't scale

Question

Hi All,

I have followed all of the steps of all of the tutorials out there for creating a custom title block. It works great on the sheet size it was created for but, as they all say, it should scale and when I pick a different sheet size and insert the title block, it stays the original size. Please help!

6 answers to this question

Post the one you've made in a file by itself and I can take a look. It is very easy to miss a step in creating a proper title black that behaves as expected automatically.

Normally you would create your title Block symbol at 1:1 scale, since that is what scale sheet layers live at. However, this can be overridden without having to edit the symbol by using the "Title Block Scale Factor" and entering something like .2 or .3 in this case to get the title block the desired size:

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 4.07.48 PM.png

I understand that is a work around, but it's a pain to get it just right. Is there really no other way to make an automatically scalable title block so there isn't a separate one for every sheet size?

The scale of a sheet layer would always be 1:1 which is where the title block would normally reside, so scaling wouldn't be needed, just positioning if the sheet was landscape vs portrait. However if you're putting the Sheet Border on a Design Layer, I am not aware of any other way to get the scaling than by overriding with the scale factor or by creating a different version of the title block per scale you end up having on each design layer.

I am not putting it on a design layer. In that file I have 4 sheet layers with different page sizes. The title block is only the correct size on 1 of them.