why do cameras keep shifting

I have reset the cameras countless of times. Setting up consistent renderings to place into photo montages takes a while and the camera's z setting will often go haywire moiving hundreds of feet vertically or shifting off horizontally. I don't know what's going on, if I should put down a locus to reset the camera, but that defeats the purpose of having a camera set up in the first place. I notice when the camera palate is open and the camera is selected, there seems to be a glitch in that the corrupted camera will stay selected even though a different camera is active. Has this happened to anyone else. It happened in multiple files for different projects so I think there's a glitch somewhere 

mac 10.10.5/VW2016 sp4

Edited by assemblyarchitecture
system

That is all well known.

Plus some other issues like auto adding the old viewport crop setting and those things.
It got worse with the last Service Pack when Cameras, like a saved view, contain Layer Visibilities,
or at least preserve to make their own Layer the active Layer, while doing visibility changes seems
to further corrupt the Cameras.

I don't know why and how that could happen and stay for a whole software release.
Let's cross fingers for VW 2017 release.

Edited by zoomer

I haven't linked a camera to a viewport since that seemed problematic based on some previous posts. I have just been exporting images from the camera on a design later, but that's helpful. Maybe I have been dragging the camera when rotating the model. Can you lock a camera? if not it would probably be a good feature. It happened again since posting so I may start writing down the coordinates for the camera.