Ghost Object in Veiwport

Tom Klaber

Question

I accidently pasted some text from a word document - I thought I had copied geometry to the clipboard, but apparently not.  I quickly undid the unwanted paste - and went on my merry way, but NOW that object that exists nowhere - shows up in the viewport.  I have checked the classes thrice - the layers thrice - it is a ghost.  I have made erased the old viewport - made a new one.  Close the file - reopened the file.  It is aways there in the viewport.  

Help...I do not want to have to redo all the work I had done since I made the errant copy.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.44.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.44.54 AM.png

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This file is haunted. It appears to be a planar object (goes off when Show Planar Objects is disabled) and it seems to reside in the None class, but even doing custom searches for text or rectangles/polys in that class on design layers yields only the expected normal geometry. Apologies, I'll submit this to engineering and see if they can find out what happened.

What version of MS Word were you using btw? That may be useful info for them.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Do duplicates of this viewport show the same ghosting?

If you create a new blank viewport, eyedropper copy the settings from the ghosted one to it, does it inherit the same problem?

If you edit and remove (copy it elsewhere temporarily so it isn't lost) all the crop and annotate geometry/text from the viewport, does the ghosting remain?