Cloud services not rendering 3d viewports

Corgski

Question

Since the apparently unannounced cloud services update, I've noticed that 3D viewports in my vectorworks files are being rendered as wireframe. This is causing problems with my workflow, as I typically work on a laptop which really isn't suited for rendering at all.

Is this a bug or did you get rid of this feature without telling any of your service select subscribers who may have been depending on it?

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Rendered as wireframe in Vectorworks? Or do you mean when you publish to Cloud Services the PDFs are coming back unrendered? This delay was only supposed to be for two hours yesterday morning, but it ran much longer. I have been told it should be functioning fine now, but any cloud jobs ran during the upgrade would have to be resubmitted.

• Like 1

I just downloaded the Cloud Service desktop app 2 days ago, and everytime I "generate PDFs", the 3d viewports come back in wireframe mode even though the viewports are set at final renderworks quality.  I am trying cloud services for rendering to avoid tying up my computer for hours while it tries to render a complex model.  The file that I recently uploaded for this continually crashes my computer when I set the viewports on final renderworks quality.  So the "cloud" was my alternative, and so far it's a failure.  I also am getting an error message about a missing font:

• AvantGarde Md BT.  That font is not a windows font.  And that font does not exist in the document - only Arial, which is the font Vectorworks in supposedly converting the missing font to.  Being a newbie to cloud services I have no way of knowing if the missing font is causing the rendering problems.  The file in question was created in VW 2016.  I have been using cloud services from VW 2016 as well.  Is there something I'm supposed to be doing, or a setting I am supposed to be using that I missed?  Called tech support yesterday, but didn't help.
Edited by gnkarch
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@gnkarch

Hello,

Sorry if I am responding too late to this question. I am not typically monitoring this forum on a regular basis. The missing font should not be a reason for rendering problems. If the Vectorworks document is using a font, which is not available on the server, which does the rendering, or in the user storage, and if there are no font mappings set by the user, Arial is used.

You could use the Vectorworks Cloud Services Portal web page https://cloud.vectorworks.net/portal/files/ and send a feedback to us using the Feedback button in the top right corner of the page. 

If you see your viewports rendered in wireframe, this probably means that there is no Vectorworks serial number uploaded to your Cloud Services account. Once we know your user account info, we should be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

QUALITY ASSURANCE

VECTORWORKS CLOUD SERVICES