SEARCH CLASSES/DESIGN LAYERS/SHEET LAYERS

twk

Question

Would be great if we could have the search feature coming in the new Resource Browser for 2017, available for searching for classes/layers and toggling there visibilities and active statuses.

Below are some screenshots of where it could be put, but basically the ability to search for any element (classes/layers/viewports) becomes a much needed feature.

Forum_FilteredSearch.jpg

I've developed a menu plugin that does this for classes(demo below), but we need this across the board for layers/viewports/etc.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/182485660

Edited by twk
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi, Did I see in your image the use of the Voronoi script on the high level screens?? looks cool.

Good eye Alan :D

Yes, you're correct. However I couldn't use the actual marionette object inside that particular project file. It's a project sharing file, (the first one we've tried in office), and there are a multitude of bugs in using it. Not enough though to abandon project sharing altogether though, as Project Sharing was absolutely pivotal in getting multiple users in our office to work on the same project efficiently. I'd love to do a write up in the future on the pros and cons/our experience in using project sharing; but thats if this building boom ever recedes.

For the voronoi script to work I had to strip out all the vonoi code in that Marionette node, and run it in it's separate script. Then again, it took me a good while to install the 'numpy' and 'scipy' external python libraries to work with Windows 10 x64. (I will try to do a post on this later). In the end finally got it to work after jumping through so many hoops. (This is not because of Vectorworks, its Python33 and Windows 10 x64).