Can't login to Cloud Services

rDesign

Question

Perhaps this is connected to the Vw2017 roll-out of Cloud Services for everyone! — but for some reason, today I am unable to login to my Vectorworks Cloud Services account. (Cloud Services for No-one?)

I know that both my password and user name are correct, as I can still login to my Service Select account. This happens with both the desktop Cloud Services application as well as the website Vectorworks Cloud Services - Login

Anyone else seeing this?

21 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have been told by the Cloud team that they are doing "Things" and that it should be back "Soon." I will hold them to those lofty claims.

But yes, I suspect they are bringing not just the Cloud Services for Everyone, but also the Single Sign On system that will let users log in with Google or Facebook accounts.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well currently users log in with their Service Select accounts, if they don't happen to have a Service Select account, they need an alternative and we didn't want to force them to create a new account.

Eventually we want to implement a single sign on for everything, same login for the Forum, Service Select, Cloud Services, everything. And users could choose to link their Google or Facebook accounts to this to keep things simple.

We got a LOT of requests for this actually, I thought it was a bit strange to use fb/goog accounts like that at first but apparently it's a common wish.

@JimW- I'm still unable to log into my Cloud Services account with either the desktop or website.

I downloaded and installed the new desktop Cloud Services app as directed (still version 0.0.0 with copyright not specified).

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.02.55 PM.png

I put in my account login info and it is just stuck on 'Please wait while we update your account'.

vcs_waiting.jpg

The website also won't let me log in with my VSS account name & password.

(fingers slowly becoming uncrossed...)

If you drag & drop installed it via the 'Applications' alias in the installer, it installs outside your 'Vectorworks 2016' folder (not sure why it was done this way), but there will be two copies installed. You're probably still running the old version.

Quit the old Cloud Services application, and drag the new 0.0.0 version on top of the existing 0.0.0 version located inside /Applications/Vectorworks 2016/Vectorworks Cloud Services

• Like 3
Guest Ben Atwood

@Kevin McAllister: This is hopefully the last time you will see that dialog.  Going forward, the app should auto-update to the latest version instead of asking you to download the newest installer.  The installer is also used for computers which do not have Vectorworks installed, so that is why it installs to the Applications folder by default.  Regardless of where you install it to, if you run the launcher included in the installer DMG you downloaded, the Cloud menu log-in should work correctly afterwards.

15 minutes ago, Ben Atwood said:

@Kevin McAllister: This is hopefully the last time you will see that dialog.  Going forward, the app should auto-update to the latest version instead of asking you to download the newest installer.  The installer is also used for computers which do not have Vectorworks installed, so that is why it installs to the Applications folder by default.  Regardless of where you install it to, if you run the launcher included in the installer DMG you downloaded, the Cloud menu log-in should work correctly afterwards.

@Ben Atwood- maybe there's a new version of the Installer, but there's no launcher included with the installer DMG that I downloaded; It's just the application itself and an alias.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 1.47.00 PM.png

Guest Ben Atwood

@rDesign If it is stuck saying "please wait while we update your account", I would just try to log in again later.  Our servers are very busy at the moment while updating everyone's accounts.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

If it isn't stuck and says you can't log in, try using the "forgot Username or Password?" link (or the "Can't access your account?" link on the Cloud website) to reset your password.

Guest Ben Atwood
18 hours ago, rDesign said:

@Ben Atwood- maybe there's a new version of the Installer, but there's no launcher included with the installer DMG that I downloaded; It's just the application itself and an alias.

The application there is the launcher I was referring to.