Extrude two profile to an single object

Rishie

Go  Model  "Multiple Extrude" select both 2d objects, they both have to sit on the working plane. When you go multiple extrude it will offer you the extrude height.
You will probably get a weird shape at first so what you have to do is double click to edit and rotate one of the objects, I did the circle in this one. You can see the sillouette as it changes, so watch it till you get the shape you want then exit out of it.
HTH

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell
Add image

I would suggest trying the Loft tool. The resulting geometry is a lot lighter, you have more control and you can add more profiles / adjust the profile spacing to fine tune the shape. The dialog gives you the ability to preview, flip the curve direction and control the alignment all in one place too. Convert your profiles to NURBS and space them as needed and then use the first mode of the Loft tool. Make sure Create Solid is checked.

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 8.25.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-10 at 8.28.10 AM.png

Loft.vwx

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 2

Kevin, Played with both and found that the loft creates a no return object - generic solid with surfaces. (but stand corrected).
The multiple extrude allows you to change the height, size of the objects and even swapping them with others objects. Seems very flexible.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Alan,

Its true that the Loft currently doesn't retain a history (although you can have it keep the originating curves). Its been a longstanding wish list item to have a Loft with history. My preference for the loft is purely based on how often the Multiple Extrude command tends to create heavy (e.g.. lots of points and faces) geometry which sometimes can start to slow things down. Its much less of an issue with the recent VW Graphics Module than it was in the past. I also like that you can create uneven transition heights while the Multiple Extrude makes them all the same height.

(I also just discovered that a Multiple Extrude can't be converted to a generic solid....)

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 6.18.28 PM.png

Loft 2.vwx

Thank you, Alan and Kevin 

this works good in circle and rectangle but if it is regular hexagon and circle it creates a weird shape and as Alan said it tried to double click and edit one profile but it very diff cut to get a prefect shape 

can you give a video or any advice how to rotate and edit a profile a get a prefect shape

Have a look at this video, it covers all the extrude and towards the end Sean covers the multiple extrude and goes over how to get the result pretty quickly.
If you still get a weird shape when first created reverse direction of the circle to anti-clockwise and see if this corrects it.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell
Add extra note
  • Like 2