VW to .dwg conversion issue - lines getting skewed

Nomad Soup

Question

Hi,

Pretty new to VW.  I have created an architectural plan that I need to convert to .dwg, which I was able to do.  However, when I go to look at the resulting .dwg file in a dwg viewer it would seem that the lines have become skewed (ie they are no longer orthogonal and it is more than just a rotation of the plan).  I do not believe it is the viewer as I became aware of this issue because my civil engineer was telling me that the lines are no longer straight.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Do you have an indication how how much lines are skewed on average or does it vary? Does this apply to all lines or just some lines?

Did you check in the OIP if the lines are truly horizontal/vertical? You may need to set the number of decimals to the max if necessary.
Are you exporting from design layers or a viewport?

Is it possible to upload a Vectorworks file that has a small part of your drawing (or new drawing with a few lines) that shows the issue after export?

One possibility is that (grid) snap settings are causing your lines not to be straight if a nearby snap overrides the snap you're aiming for if they are close but you may not notice it because Vectorworks works at scale, but upon export to dwg it becomes noticable. Sometimes a line has an angle of 0.01 degree due to a wrong snap or a failing snap.
E.g. when working to scale 1:1000 in Vectorworks a small deviation may not be visible on screen, but after exporting to dwg it may be more clearly noticable.