alexg

Custom Dimensions - how to delete/reorder unwanted dimension styles

Question

Anyone know how to delete unwanted default dimension styles in a template drawing - I just want my custom styles to appear in the drop down menu - not the ones supplied by vectorworks.

11 answers to this question

I don't think it is possible to remove the default dimension styles in an easy way.

If you open the file in a different language version of VW you may be able to get rid of these defaults (it works for classes, don't remember for sure about dimensions) but upon opening in the original language at least the default none class is put back into the drawing.

It would be nice if defaults for dimensions (and if possible classes as well) could be removed or at least made invisible and unselectable in the various dialogs and panels.

Not that I'm aware of, they still aren't a regular document resource like Line Styles now are.

This means we'll have to make it a wish list item then.

Before I do that, have there been any improvements made to dimension text handling/options for VW 2017? If so I'll wait for 2017 before making a dimensions wish list item.

Some, but not in relation to this. I still can't get specific, apologies.

I know you can't get specific about everythig, that is why I asked about this in general. But one can always hope it might be something you would be allowed to be a bit more specific on.

I wish that the dimension standards were resources. That way we could get rid of the ones we don't want, we cloud store them in a user library, and we could copy them more easily from one file to another. 

• Like 1

Same here. I SUSPECT this is the plan for them, we seem to be moving everything to a resource or style system for easier management.

If you create a template file and save it in the Workgroup or User folder and then change the name of the template folder in the VW program file you will only see your template file and not all the others. Its the same with all the line weights, wall styles etc.
HTH

5 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

If you create a template file and save it in the Workgroup or User folder and then change the name of the template folder in the VW program file you will only see your template file and not all the others. Its the same with all the line weights, wall styles etc.
HTH

What I was trying to say though, is that at the moment you can't delete the standard dimension standards. You can add your own custom dimension standard and save the file as a template. But custom dimension standards do not appear on the Resource Browser and while you can import a custom dimension standard from one file to another, it's not as easy as using the Resource Browser.